What is Silent Auction?
Want to collect / donate something memorable at SCCSBNG?
Do you have any books / art / field equipment or other items related to wildlife and conservation, which you would like to donate for a good cause?
Well, we want it!!
All funds gathered from the auction will go towards student-bursaries for next year’s conference!
How to participate?
As an object-donor:
- You have an object (book / a statue / a magnifying glass / etc.) that you would like to donate.
- You bring it to the conference and submit it at the registration / help-desk.
- Each object gets it’s own bidding-sheet, and is auctioned off.
- The auctioned object is passed on to a new person, making them happy! Money from selling that object goes to fund student bursaries in the future!
As an object-buyer:
- You go to the Silent Auction desk during the conference.
- You choose object(s) of your liking, and on the associated bidding-sheet, write the amount for which you are willing to purchase that item. You can only bid a higher amount.
- On the afternoon of the last day of the conference, the bidding closes. Bidding results will be announced on the last evening. The highest bidder wins that object, by paying for it.
Rules for bidding
- The lowest (i.e. starting) bid of each object will be decided by the organisers, and mentioned on the respective bidding-sheets.
- If you would like to place a bid, you must bid AT LEAST Rs.10 HIGHER than the last-standing bid on the bidding sheet.
- If you have bid on an object, and you if you think you have a good chance of winning it, make sure you are present at the auction-closing on Day 4 of the conference.
How does this work?
- Please don’t forget to BRING the said object with you to the conference, and submit it at the Silent Auction desk on Day 1/2!
- Please make sure that you only submit objects that YOU yourself can see bidding on / purchasing 🙂 (No perishables please).
- Don’t have an object to donate? No worries – you can participate by bidding on available objects.