Student Conference on Conservation Science – Bengaluru-2010 Student Posters
All posters were displayed on all three days of the conference. The list below has been loosely grouped into four categories: Behaviour, Conservation Strategies, Livelihoods & human communities, and Status & distribution.
01.Abhijeet Bayani: Dynamic forms of predatory behaviour and variable hunting strategies of Marsh Crocodiles Crocodylus palustris) benefit their survival in river Vishwamitri, Vadodara, Gujarat.
02. Asif Hussain: Effect of livestock and herding activities on habitat use, activity pattern and diet of Tibetan wild ass>(Equus kiang) in Changthang wildlife sanctuary Ladakh India.
03. Bhrigu Prasad Saikia: Habitat utilization pattern of Golden langur Trachypithecus geei, Khajuria, 1956 in Manas National Park, Assam, India
04. Elisabet Purastuti: A study of human elephant conflict (spatial analysis of elephant home range in Sekincau, Bukit Barisan Selatan National Park, Lampung)
05.Karakkunnummal Shanij: Leaf litter trapping and consumption by sesarmid crabs: is it crucial for mangrove ecosystem?
06. Krishnendu Mondal: Response of leopards to re-introduced tigers in Sariska Tiger Reserve, Rajasthan.
07. Lan Qie: Vertical stratification responses of an arboreal dung beetle species to tropical forest fragmentation
08. Patrick David: Fig seasonality and fig-use by birds and mammals in Sriharikota Island, southern India.
09. Shamshad Alam: Diet of Striped Hyena Hyaena hyaena) in Gir National Park and Sanctuary, Gujarat, India
10. Shreya Dasgupta: Home range and Movement pattern dynamics of Indian wolves in semi-wild landscapes of Deccan plateau in Maharashtra, India
11. Sreedhar Vijayakrishnan: Elephant behaviour and ecology in stressed situations: A comparative study between behavior of Wild and Captive elephants under distressed conditions
12. Sreekar Rachakonda: Who does what to who? A preliminary study on the impacts of human beings on the Indian golden gecko Calodactylodes aureus
01.Dhruba Bijaya B. C.: Community Forestry as a vehicle for poverty reduction, good governance and gender equity.
02.Gurshabadjeet Singh: Conservation, livelihoods and hunting tribes: A case study on Pardhees, an indigenous hunting tribe in Madhya Pradesh
03. Meha Jain: Community-based forest management: conserving forest cover while providing valuable ecosystem services
04. Nalin Wijayawardene: Role of forest dwelling communities for conservation of Ritigala Strict Natural Reserve (SNR) in Sri Lanka
05. Ruth Pinto>: Role of forest guards in forest conservation
06.Sweta Mishra: Community Conservation Initiatives in Orissa: A self initiated and self driven step by the local communities, towards ecological security and addressing the livelihood requirements
STATUS & DISTRIBUTION
In this session, academic departments, NGOs and government departments working in the field of conservation displayed posters and other material describing their work and possible employment opportunities. Representatives from these organisations were present to interact with participants. Organisations that took part in this session were:
02. AERF: Applied Environmental Research Foundation
03. Agharkar Research Institute, Pune
05. ARCH: Action for Research and Conservation in Himalayas
06. CIKS: Centre for Indian Knowledge Systems
09. Conservation Research Group Kerala
10. DAAD: Deutscher Akademischer Austauch Dienst / German Academic Exchange Service
11. Dakshin Foundation
12. The Ecological Society, Pune
14. FERAL: Foundation for Ecological Research, Advocacy and Learning
15. FES: Foundation for Ecological Security
16. GNAPE: Group for Nature Preservation and Education
17. Growing Wild
18. Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Trivandrum, Kerala
19. JNCASR: Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
20. Keystone Foundation
21. MCBT: Madras Crocodile Bank Trust/Centre for Herpetology
22. NCBS: National Centre for Biological Sciences
23. National Institute of Advanced Studies
24. Narendra Babu Memorial Research Fund
25. Orange County
26. Orissa Wildlife Society
27. RANWA: Research and Action in Natural Wealth Administration
28. SACON: Salim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History
29. Samrakshan Trust
30. SSTCN: Students’ Sea Turtle Conservation Network
31. TREE Foundation
32. Tribe 10 Foundation
33. Wildlife Conservation Society-India Program
34. Wildlife Institute of India
35. WRCS: Wildlife Research and Conservation Society, Pune
36. Wildlife Society of Orissa
37. WTI: Wildlife Trust of India
39. YETI: Young Ecologists Talk and Interact<
40. ZOO: Zoo Outreach Organisation