Abstract submissions are now open!
The deadline for submission of abstracts is 25 May 2019, 11:59 pm IST. Decisions will be communicated to participants by email. When the payment gateway is accessible, please follow these steps to submit your abstract:
- Complete your registration by thoroughly reviewing and following these instructions.
- Login to your SCCS account, click on ‘My Overview’ in the bottom-left corner and enter your abstract information in the form provided. (Please read our guidelines on abstract writing before submitting your abstract.)
- In addition to a conventional text abstract, all participants must also submit a visual component, which should typically complement the text element of your abstract. This single image file could be either in the form of graphs, maps, illustrations, flow charts, photographs and other visual elements illustrating the main results, the study design, or the main idea that is captured by the study. (This is primarily to aid the abstract reviewers in better understanding the work being presented and ensuring that presentations are based on data/information that has been collected by the student. We would like to clarify that the visual component being made mandatory does NOT mean that the conference is only accepting completed work. The conference organisers welcome and encourage the submission of work-in-progress for presentation at the conference. Work-in-progress might be depicted visually in the form of figures showing preliminary results, flowcharts depicting study design and the like. Students who require guidance on creating the visual component of their abstract can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help with suggestions and additional examples.)
- Mark your study location on the Google map provided by dragging and dropping the pin. Alternatively, enter the GPS co-ordinates in the Latitude and Longitude fields provided below the map.
- Indicate your preferred presentation mode: a talk, a poster, or no preference. We will do our best to assign you your preferred presentation mode. However, if you prefer to present a talk, please note that with limited available slots for talks, you may be assigned a poster presentation instead.
- Finally, indicate whether you wish to apply for a bursary.
Note: Our choice of abstracts for talks is based on multiple criteria including the diversity of themes that will be represented, the completeness of the work being presented as well as reviewers’ opinions on whether a particular piece of work will be more effective as a talk or poster. We would like to emphasize that differences in quality of abstracts have little bearing on our decision of talk or poster. Also, while we aim to provide space for as many presenters as we can, it is possible that we might have to reject abstracts that the reviewers think are unsuitable for the conference. The final decision regarding the acceptance of abstracts rests with the conference organisers. Once you have clicked the “Submit” button, you cannot make any changes to your submission. There will be a link provided for you to view a copy of your submitted abstract. Each participant is allowed to submit only one abstract to the conference. In case of multiple submissions, only the first submission will be reviewed.